> > I dont think google needs to do much here. If we can get the server
> > product to easily allow XML to enhance the HTML response then googles
> > indexing will just work.

> I'd love to see this work in a concrete example. ;-)

> Again, I am not an HTML expert, (Claus is really the guy that has the
> expertise to be saying this) but this is really just the kind of stuff
> that he has been talking about. I am just putting a little more specific
> meat on the bone. I think Claus pointed to a flash website that does
> this that he mentioned earlier in this thread.

I don't know if i have any more expertise than you ;)

But let me just say that XHTML *is* XML, and XHTML is all about
semantics, ie. you *could* use XHTML both as the (perfect) format you
use to feed to search engine bots *and* as the datasource for your Flash
application/site. Of course you don't *need* to do the latter, you can
also pipe the (same) data to Flash via remoting or whatever, but for any
of your site's URLs the content a search engine bot sees and the content
a human with JS/Flash enabled browser sees must be the same.

The Flash website was http://guipaganini.com.br/
It supports deep linking, eg. http://guipaganini.com.br/12/75
The XHTML is loaded as is into Flash.
I'm using the Symfony PHP5 framework on the server side.
(Disclaimer: don't look too close at the Flash site, it's been a low
budget project and i still need to finetune it)

Cheers,
Claus.

--
claus wahlers