Ralf,

Thanks.  I had not previously looked at Deng.

For me, the challenge has been finding a Flash/Flex based WYSIWYG text
editor that outputs valid, standards compliant HTML/XHTML for display in
browsers.

Am I correct that Deng only renders existing XHTML?  That is, that it does
not provide editing capabilities?

Just now, in the course of writing this reply, I went back to the best Flash
editor I had found, FlashTextEditor.com <http://flashtexteditor.com>, and I
see an announcement from Dec 13, 2006 of a new version that supports CSS.
(The announcement is also here:  http://play.ground.gr/?p=103 ). But that is
targeting FP8/AS2/Flash V2.

If the creator of FlashTextEditor.com <http://flashtexteditor.com/> can get
that all working for FP8/AS2/Flash V2, then he likely will be able to do it
for FP9/AS3/Flex 2.  I am cc'ing
FlashTextEditor.com<http://flashtexteditor.com/>'s
creator on this reply (using [EMAIL PROTECTED]).  Maybe he will post
back with information on a release date for a Flex 2 version :-)

btw ... here is a link from Jesse Warden praising
FlashTextEditor.com<http://flashtexteditor.com/>back in March 2005:
http://www.jessewarden.com/archives/2005/03/flash_richtexte.html

Best regards,