First and foremost we need more tags supported by htmlText and the rte for
many more HTML tags than currently supported. This is first priority.
Adobe's or any takers.

Second, I have been working on a HTML Component that will sit on top of your
Flex project. It works nicely and is very easy to use. I created it because
I need it. It should answer 90% of your needs when it comes to html. Its
compatible with the current generation of browsers and provides a fallback
mechanism for unsupported browsers. I'll have more news next week and at
that time I'd like to get some feedback. If you are interested to know more
please send me an email offlist. Or at least features you'd want.