This is a post I was about to send to the list. I figured it out right
before sending but I am going to send it anyway in case someone else runs
into it.
****
I have a frameset that contains Flash/Flash/HTML/Flash. In the top Flash
banner the Flex scroll bars always appear. I have turned off
verticalScrollPolicy and horizontalScrollPolicy on the Application so I
don't know why it is still showing them.

Here is my Application code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
   layout="absolute"
   backgroundColor="0xFFFFFF"
   creationComplete="init()"
   xmlns:filters="flash.filters.*"
   verticalScrollPolicy="off"
   horizontalScrollPolicy="off">

Here is my frameset code:

<frameset rows="90,*,20" cols="*" frameborder="no" border="0"
framespacing="0">
 <frame src="banner.html" name="banner" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize"
id="banner" title="Top Frame" />

If I increase the height of the rows property to 92 then the Flex scroll
bars go away but then there is a gap inbetween the top frame and the bottom
frame.

Solution Found:
The scrollbars were not from the application, they were from a canvas
container (width:100% and height:100%) in the application that had a text
field that was 1 pixel past the bounds of canvas. Since it was a cosmetic
issue why the textfield was past the edge of the canvas I decided to turn
off the scroll policy rather than move the text field back in. This worked.

Created scrollbars:
<mx:Canvas width="100%" height="100%" backgroundSize="100%">

Removed scrollbars: