Hey Robin,

Check out com.adobe.cairngorm.command.SequenceCommand

The standard way is to define the nextEvent in the command and then call executeNextCommand.

If you need to define your events in your view i have a utility for it and i posted the info here http://cairngormdocs.org/blog/?p=27

Regards,

Bjorn

On 15/01/2007, at 11:05 AM, Robin Burrer wrote:

 Hi all,

I’m working on flex application using the cairngorm framework and I ask myself if commands should call other commands.

E.g. another event is triggered in the result method of the command. Note that I actually run in this problem when I try to handle my client application logic, not for server requests.

I started sending new cairngorm events in the on result method of my commands but actually I find this approach rather messy.

Should I dispatch all events in my views? That however means that my views are handling some of my application logic. I think they are not supposed to do that…

Or should I create a new form commands that only manage other commands? That would add another level of complexity though …

Robin