From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Shannon Hicks
Sent: 25 January 2007 14:50
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Slightly OT: Vista Feedback

I installed Vista on my laptop running MX 7.02, IIS and FB 2. They all
continued to work. It was everything else that broke. I lost printer support
(no Vista drivers, and the XP drivers didn't transfer over). They did fix
the hibernate bug, so Vista did finally allow my laptop to hibernate, but
the rest of the interface was not only unimpressive, but confusing. If you
use Windows-R to access your filesystem, you're in for a shock when you find
out that they've moved some of the core directories like Desktop, My
Documents, etc. I didn't play around with it long enough to figure it out...
I ended up formatting it and going back to XP.

Shan

Battershall, Jeff wrote:

My biggest concern in installing Vista on my laptop is whether it's
going to break my existing development setup:

CFMX 7.02 running with Apache with heavy use of Flex Builder.

Anyone out there has Vista running on such a setup without issues? Or
with issues? I'm still on the fence as to whether the feature set of
Vista is compelling enough to warrant the upgrade, and my concerns about
screwing up my development environment are a big factor in my decision.

Jeff Battershall
Application Architect
Dow Jones Indexes
jeff.battershall@ <mailto:jeff.battershall%40dowjones.com> dowjones.com