Martin, you did give me enough of an idea to wonder if SequenceCommand
was making the same mistake you were. After some experimenting I
suspect that it was. I was setting nextEvent in the execute method of
my SequenceCommand subclass. I went and looked at the docs
(http://www.cairngormdocs.org/docs/cairngorm_2_1/index.html) and they
suggest setting it in the constructor, so I tried that. Same error.
Finally, I tried setting it in a handler method in my SC subclass (its
a file upload command), on the line right before executeNextCommand()
and that seems to have fixed it.

It makes me wary of SequenceCommand though, so I am converting any
classes that subclass it to regular command classes and I will just
set and dispatch the "next event" manually. I also tried (very
briefly) switching to the Cairngorm 2.2 beta SWC and was still getting
the error.

Hey AC guys, is there a bug in SequenceCommand? :)

Hopefully this info helps others.
Ben

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Martin Wood-Mitrovski
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just had the same error and it was because i was trying to re-use
event
> instances rather than dispatching new ones each time. But i wasnt
using modules,
> just a normal Cairngorm app.
>
> I was going to look into it to find out exactly what was happening
but I just
> dont have the time at the moment.
>
> maybe this is enough of a clue for someone else to say why :)
>
> Bjorn Schultheiss wrote:
> > Hey Can anyone give me the lowdown on this error
> >
> > TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
> > flash.events::[EMAIL PROTECTED] to
com.adobe.cairngorm.control.CairngormEvent.