Here's a message from Alex Harai.
I think the same applies for your history manager issue

This error occurs for two reasons: One is that somehow, the DragManager or DragManagerImpl is not linked into the movie.

The other, and more common reason is that more than one module is using the DragManager, but the main application does not.. Modules operate in their own application domain, and thus cannot share singletons unless that singleton is loaded by the parent application domain. The simple solution is to link the DragManager into the main application by putting something like this in a script block

import mx.managers.DragManager;

var dm:DragManager;

This fattens your application a little. More complex solutions involve loading the DragManager into the main application’s application domain.

The above is true for all managers handled by Singleton and lots of other shared classes in Flex as well.

-Alex