From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Impudent1
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 3:47 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] DB access in Apollo

hank williams wrote:
> +1 sqlite. MySQL is impractical to put on everyones computer in the
country.

Hmm, well considering Adobe already does it with bridge I disagree :) (using

libmysqld and storing data in Adobe Bridge/db_support/data).

so besides that Adobe already uses,distributes it as its own embedded db,
its
cross platform, and cost effective. It would also easily dovetail into my
existing php/mysql app structures

That said I have never played with sqlite and will have to take look at it.
>From
the faqs, I did see that only one process can write to the db at a time vs
mysql
being able to do multiple processes, so depending on what type of apps your
creating if concurrency matters I would think mysql a better choice. I do
love
the simplicity of the sqlite concept tho :)

Impudent1
LeapFrog Productions