the share should work.

Remoting works on the same port as the cf server is on. So if CF is tied to
IIS and IIS is running on port 80, then so is CF, so is Remoting.

You can change the URL to point to your dev server. I run CF locally then
move my files to a server when its ready to test.

I will give you some sample code here in a min.