Maybe you can email Steve or Alistar directly and ask them.  I've
found that they are normally pretty responsive to emails.

Also, their previous book Reality J2EE is fantastic as well.  It is a
little bit older and focuses on build Flash (prior to Flex) UIs with
J2EE on the backend, but the book is fanatastic because it doubles as
a development planning handbook.  They cover things like client
interviews, iterative development and spike spolutions which are a
great way to work!  Highly recommended!

- Bill