When I use the same code for making a menu is the main app, it works,
when I move it into its own component and call it from the main app,
the icons disappear.  And no, it is not a "path" problem, the code
compiles fine with no warnings.

Here are more details:
I am using a menu that has labels and icons.  The icons are attached
using snips like this, in an actionscript fragment:

[Bindable]
[Embed(source="icon_revised.gif")]
public var myTopIcon:Class;

As I said, it works fine until I move it into a component, and then it
runs but with missing icons.

I did a search and did find this issue, but did not see any solution.
 I am guessing it is a bug, but hope to find a workaround.

Thanks,
Ann