Mark,

Thanks again for your suggestion. Here's what I've got now:
I've generated a proxy script (in both .NET and C#) based on wsdl
file. The proxy script resides on the same server (IIS) as my SWF
file. Now, how do I invoke my proxy script from MXML file? Just out
of silliness, I've tried <mx:WebService, and wsdl="myProxyScript"
useProxy="true" (also tried useProxy="false") ... This gave me
the "HTTP request error". I know I should really invoke the web
method on proxy script, but I guess I'm just so dumb, that I can't
figure it out.
Please help!
Thanks,
/Roman

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Shepherd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Your choices are:
> 1. put a crossdomain file on the server that provides the
webservice
> 2. put a proxy script on the server that is hosting the SWF
> 3. put a proxy script on ANY server ANYWHERE, provided it has a
> crossdomain file
> 4. use FDS proxying on the server that is hosting the SWF
>
> From your comments, #1 and #4 are not available options. It's not
> clear from your comments whether #2 is possible. So do #2 if you
have
> access to the server hosting the SWF, or #3 otherwise.
>
> By "Proxy Script", I mean a very simple webservice (REST is OK)
that
> receives requests from Flash and relays them on to the desired
target
> webservice. This is something you can easily create in Cold Fusion,
> PHP, or most any server-side scripting language.
>
> This is a very basic analysis; if you have security, performance,
or
> capacity issues then my suggestions might not be suitable. There
may be
> other options as well, anyone have any other ideas?
>
> Mark Shepherd
> http://mark-shepherd.com
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "rzilist" <rzilist@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> > I'm consuming a webservice from secured domain which has no
> > crossdomain.xml file found at server root. It works locally, but
I get