Sure look at things like ColdSpring

I don't *think* ColdSpring can do this in and of itself, I'll try to clarify
my original question (I'll start at the beginning, please don't take offence
if it sounds condescending!)

Using Flex remoting, you can specify that an actionscript class instance
should be translated into an instance of a specific cfc
e.g.

MyObjVO.as

package com.mysite.mypackage.vo
{

[Managed]
[RemoteClass(alias="com.mysite.mypackage.vo.MyObjVO")]

   public class MyObjVO
   {

MyObjVO.cfc

<cfcomponent alias="com.mysite.mypackage.vo.MyObjVO">

When an instance of MyObjVO.as is sent to CF using Flex remoting, it will be
translated* into an instance of MyObjVO.cfc automatically, so that all the
serialisation/deserialisation (if those terms apply to AMF?) is taken care
of, and your code only has to deal with object instances.

The problem I have is that the automatic translation* appears to simply
perform a createobject("component",alias) to create the cfc instances.

I would like to know if it is possible to configure flex/CF to use a factory
when translating* the .as instances to .cfc instances, instead of a plain
createobject() call.

*not sure if "translate" is the correct term here, I think this feature used
to be code named "mystic", does anyone know the correct technical/product
feature term to use?