From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Adrian
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 9:41 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Flex remoting, using a factory for beans

>Sure look at things like ColdSpring

I don't *think* ColdSpring can do this in and of itself, I'll try to
clarify my original question (I'll start at the beginning, please don't
take offence if it sounds condescending!)

Using Flex remoting, you can specify that an actionscript class instance
should be translated into an instance of a specific cfc
e.g.

MyObjVO.as

package com.mysite.mypackage.vo
{

[Managed]
[RemoteClass(alias="com.mysite.mypackage.vo.MyObjVO")]

    public class MyObjVO
    {

MyObjVO.cfc

<cfcomponent alias="com.mysite.mypackage.vo.MyObjVO">

When an instance of MyObjVO.as is sent to CF using Flex remoting, it
will be translated* into an instance of MyObjVO.cfc automatically, so
that all the serialisation/deserialisation (if those terms apply to
AMF?) is taken care of, and your code only has to deal with object
instances.

The problem I have is that the automatic translation* appears to simply
perform a createobject("component",alias) to create the cfc instances.

I would like to know if it is possible to configure flex/CF to use a
factory when translating* the .as instances to .cfc instances, instead
of a plain createobject() call.

*not sure if "translate" is the correct term here, I think this feature
used to be code named "mystic", does anyone know the correct
technical/product feature term to use?