I should start by saying that I have not done this with flex, but I
have both lead and been involved in many projects where we have had to
retro-fit to IBM.  The experience has been chastening and it is never
a straighforward task.  Have you got your AIX hardware up and running
with the IBM software actually operating yet?  Have you identified any
expertise either internally or externally who has experience in AIX?
Have you teased out of your client (or whoever is requesting this
step) whether it stops at AIX or whether you need to go to DB2 and
WebSphere?  If not then go and do that first.

I'm not sure why you would need to compile any flex code under AIX.
The only reason to do that would be if your clients were running their
browsers on AIX.  Is that the case?  The swf and html you generate in
flex is piped across to the client machine and run there inside the
FlashPlayer, not on the server.  So I don't think you need the Flex
Builder anywhere other than Windows (or maybe Mac if you prefer to
work on a Mac) because your clients are probably running IE on Windows.

As for the server, how you should do it and how hard your job will be
will depend upon the language you have implemented your server side
components in, the application server you are using and the features
of your app.  If you have a database my bet is the next question
you'll get asked is to put it on DB2 and WebSphere, it's part of the
IBM religious canon.

If you have a C++ back end then you'll need to get familiar with the
AIX compiler and get ready to have to change all your code.  If you
are C# I have no clue how you would go about it, although I bet there
is a story.  If you are Java you are in better shape, but watch out
for differences in XML parsers and compliance to "standard" interfaces
like SQL/JDBC.  IBM are as bad as Microsoft for implementing their own
versions of standards.

You have done the right thing by downloading the AIX server components
from Adobe.  Now you need to assemble your server in whatever AIX
technology is available.  Get AIX releases of your app server,
database etc. and get it all that stood up and running and delivering
pages of any kind.  You will probably find all sorts of challenges
with that alone if this is your first time with IBM.

Once you have done that, and presuming you have been reasonably well
behaved, then in theory you should be able to recompile your Java code
under AIX and it should run (in theory you should be able to just
deploy the same Java component, but that is very unlikely to work).  I
think you have enough work just to get there.  I suspect your
situation will either change or become clearer once you have got to
that point.

Best of luck
SP

Unrequested editorial comment:  If it wasn't for IBM strong-arming its
partners, AIX/DB2/WebSphere would have been consigned to the dustbin
years ago.  It's not that they are really that bad - although DB2 is a
bit of a nightmare - it's not even because they are very difficult and
subtle and the skills are not widely available - although that is all
true too, the real kicker is that there are better things out there
which are either free or lower cost.  The IBM "blue stack" only exists
because IBM would look very silly taking anything else into its
clients and it forces its partners and customers to comply because of
its size and because it wants license revenue from its software
products which it would otherwise never get.  Eventually this rigging
of the market will have to stop and I thought they had seen sense with
their investment in Linux, but the AIX dinosaur rolls on.