You might be able to call a function in an ActiveX control\Java Applet\etc
through a javascript bridge in the wrapper web page and these controls may
have a different security model that will give you access to the system, but
you can't do it directly from flex.

- Daniel Freiman
nondocs? <http://nondocs.blogspot.com>