For the record, I was very vocal about Flash's potential all those years ago
as well (In 2004, I made this post http://www.mossyblog.com/archives/276.cfm).
I'm not trying to stir the politics, but i even look at the CS3 sku's and
ponder what the hell is going on? (keep it simple).

Flash has always been one of these pieces that I thought had so much more
potential than what it has today, I mean you're right FLEX 1.0 was not only
ahead of the game - but - pre-AJAX movement, so there was enormous potential
here and it's why since i'm in an openly honest mood I hate the very though
LiveCycle + FLEX are living side by side another as I get that feeling again
"Here we go, different name, numbers stay about the same". (Yes I know I'm
now being negative and being a Microsoft employee it's now sounding like
FUD, but in 2004 I had these feelings and I was right, 2007 they are back,
difference is i have MS Logo on my back).

I love FLEX, just hate the distractions around it.