From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Robert Cadena
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 2:27 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] QTP 9.2 Eval version and Flex

Hello,

has anyone had a chance to try the QTP 9.2 14-day Evaluation version
with Flex?

In short, I can record a test but i cannot play it back because QTP
can't find the flex app/flash object.

Here are more details:

Installed QTP 9.2 eval version
Installed Flex Automation
Installed QTP Flex Plugin with valid FDS license #
Made simple application with one button. Gave button simple ID and
automationName
Added compiler flags for including automation swcs, as in the
instructions for the qtp flex plugin
Loaded QTP, specified the Flex and Web add-ins
Created a new test, set the Run settings to load up the url for my
test app
Record test, url loads up in Internet Explorer 7
When I click on the button in my flex app I can see that QTP
recognizes the application and the button because I get a hierarchy
that looks like this:

Step 1
Browser
main (with flex icon)
Button

Stop the test, I manually close the browser
I "Run" the test. Browser opens to page
QTP gets stuck and then issues an error that it cannot find the
parent of the button, which is FlexApplication "main"

I've tried this on Internet Explorer 6 on a different computer and
the same problem happens.

If I try a standard flash movie minus the Flex QTP plugin then QTP
detects the plugin, finds the movie and issues a click. So it can
find Flash and other objects on the page.
I've also tried using just the embed tag to see if it was a problem
with the javascript writing the tag to the page but still the same
problem.

Finally, I also tried using QTP's Spy while the test is stuck and if
I roll over the flex app it recognizes it because I can see it on
Spy's window. All the properties are recognized, everything looks fine.

Is there a problem with Flex and 9.2? I know 9.1 is the one specified.

Any help or hints, or even a confirmation that this doesn't work
would be appreciated. Thanks

/r
http://www.searchcoders.com/flex <http://www.searchcoders.com/flex>
http://www.laflex.org <http://www.laflex.org>  - Los Angeles Flex Users