One more tidbit, using the XPanel logger, logging "this" from the map,
getting it's path (_root.mapClip in this case) I can now call functions
from the map itself from within the marker.

However I am not yet able to register a new event. I may just hijack one
of the current ones and pass a new fake object that will let my Flex app
know it's my custom call.

So, any takers on registering a new event with the yahoomap component? :-)

If that works, then it's a hack, but a usable hack. Eventually true AS3
map components will be available so this kind of thing won't be as
necessary... keeping fingers crossed. :-)

Thanks for the inspiration all,

Michael

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional