Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them all. I definitely saw this take off when I started using Java & related plugins. Previously with only the PHP, FLEX & SVN perspectives I was fine even with automatic compile on.

I am wondering how to 'close' my unused perspectives. There are really only 4 perspectives I need to access and quite possibly I may have more open and not know it??? Also, in regards to the plugins, is it worth 'disabling' the ones, I am not using in Help->Software Updates-> 'Manage Configuration'? As an example, when I loaded Hibernate Tools, it also loaded a bunch of JBoss stuff that I am not using. Should I disable those? I assumed that they wouldn't be affecting memory unless I was actually using them, but that may be a poor assumption.

Thanks,

Kevin