--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Kevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am wondering how to 'close' my unused perspectives.  There are
> really only 4 perspectives I need to access and quite possibly I may
> have more open and not know it???

Right-click on the perspective's name (in the list near the upper
right corner of the screen), and pick Close.  And if a perspective
isn't listed there, it isn't open.

> Also, in regards to the plugins,
> is it worth 'disabling' the ones, I am not using in Help->Software
> Updates-> 'Manage Configuration'?  As an example, when I loaded
> Hibernate Tools, it also loaded a bunch of JBoss stuff that I am not
> using.  Should I disable those?  I assumed that they wouldn't be
> affecting memory unless I was actually using them, but that may be a
> poor assumption.

That depends on the plugin's implementation.  The Eclipse guys went to
great lengths to architect their system so that a plugin doesn't have
to load into memory until the user takes some action related to that
plugin; however, it still takes a little discipline on the part of the
plugin author to make sure their plugin won't get loaded unnecessarily.

- Mike Morearty, Flex Builder team