Everybody uses Windows, almost all the workstations are windows. Macs
have IE working OK. The better solution was a cross plataform
solution, that's why I've been working with Flex.

I expected, when I downloaded the alpha version of Flex 2.0, that at
this moment Adobe would already havea .NET solution. But this it not
true.

So maybe, and just maybe, it´s better to have a IE solution supported
by a big company, like Microsoft, than to deploy an application
constructed with Open Source solutions.

I would say that some of this Open Source solutions a very good,
like, Fluorine, very well conducted by Zoltan. But what we need is a
solution supported by another big company like Adobe.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> How will they become a "true" competitor when as I understand it,
the XBAPs
> really only work in IE, so the whole cross-platform notion goes out
the
> window, doesn't it?
>
> I think that WPF definitely has it's place... on the windows
desktop. It is
> my opinion that it will be huge in making windows applications more
rich and
> friendly experiences, but for now at least, I don't see it making
the same
> headway in online applications.
>
> On 4/23/07, mvbaffa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   I would like to remember that Windows Communication Foundation
has
> > duplex, or callback services. That allows the server notify the
> > clients of any server events. Sounds like FDS don't you think ???
> >
> > And It's free !!!!!
> >
> > FDS is still more easy to use and more complete. But WCF is
getting
> > there.
> >
> > When Microsoft solves the restrictions for the XBAP sandbox, XAML
> > Browser applications will be a true competitor of Flex.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%
40yahoogroups.com>, "dorkie
> > dork from dorktown"
> >
> > <dorkiedorkfromdorktown@> wrote:
> > >
> > > you wrote,
> > > How many enterprise / companies do you know are shopping around
for
> > > electronic forms built in PDF vs SAAS solutions? PDF is a danger
> > in some
> > > organisations, it's something they want to put as much distance
> > away from as
> > > possible and prefer to leave them buried in the Document
Management
> > > Solution(s). I'm not saying it's not worth the persuit (I think
> > MSFT has
> > > some stuff in this space as well, forgive me as I've not cared
> > look into
> > > what they are) but do so *NOT* at the expense of FLEX/RIA
> > development
> > > world-wide.
> > >
> > > that's what i'm talking about! there is a goal here that i
thought
> > Flex/RIA
> > > was trying to address. i thought that was to make development
and
> > developers
> > > lives easier and add new and necessary features to progress
that.

> > > i love flex. it is an amazing vehicle but i think we need to
get the
> > > foundation built. the flex 2 framework is part of the
foundation.
> > the data
> > > services adapters on the server need to be part of that
foundation.
> > at least
> > > basic amf remoting deserializers / classes. half the benefit of
> > flex is the
> > > data communications. client side *is* only half the application.
> > >
> > > flex builder - reasonably priced
> > > flex sdk - free (great for mass adoption)
> > > flex data services - out of reach for mass adoption of flex
> > >
> > > IMO that is the reason people would shop around to another
solution.

> > > i don't see Silverlight's path in this market. if it does have
> > something out
> > > of the box it will have a huge advantage.

> [...]
40yahoogroups.com><flexcoders%
> > 40yahoogroups.com>, "Scott

> > but
> > are in