ye ,the typically or normally RTMP URL would looks more like this :
rtmp://myserver:1935/myapplicaton/myappinstance ,
for the specific localhost server would be like this:
rtmp://localhost:1935/myapplication/myappinstance, but it can also
written :
rtmp:/myapplication/myappinstance  , because the format of RTMP URL was
rtmp:[//server][:port]/application[/instance].
This problem really gave me headache for a few days ,why my application
can not
talk to FMS server ,but example downloaded form adobe site can .My
application
was very like example ,except some little  personal custom .
Can somebody help me ??? Thanks a lot .

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Farland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can you give me the URL to that specific FMS example?
>
> That nc.connect URL looks a little odd. Is your server name really
> tutorial_hello, or did you just remove this information for the
purposes
> of posting to this forum?
>
> Typically, I'd expect an RTMP URL to look more like this:
> rtmp://myserver:1935/myapplicaton/myroom

On