Huh... well, I thought I was replying to Andrew off-list... so, everyone be
very quiet... don't tell anyone!

Troy.

On 4/27/07, Troy Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well, more like this:

<game width="640" height="400" backgroundColor="#000000">
  <scene width="10000" height="400" backgroundColor="blue" tickRate="30">
    <layer background="clouds.png" scrollSpeedX="3" />
    <layer>
      <instance objectRef="coin" x="35" y="56" />
      <instance objectRef="mario" x="0" y="0" />
      <instance objectRef="brick" x="100" y="100" />
    </layer>
  </scene>
  <object id="coin" points="100">
    <behavior type="collectMe" />
  </object>
  <object id="mario" points="0" spriteRef="marioSprite">
    <behavior type="run">
      <property name="speed" value="10" />
    </behavior>
    <behavior type="jump">
      <property name="height" value="100" />
    </behavior>
  </object>
  <sprite id="marioSprite" source=" mario.png" numFrames="12"
frameWidth="32" frameHeight="32" />
</game>

A quick toy example, but that's the basic look-n-feel of the XML right
now. We're also developing an equivalent to the Flex Form Designer geared
specifically toward "level editing" for lack of a better word.

Oh, and while it's all built on Flex/Flash, it's not dependent on them
(it's not literally MXML)... its a generic "HTML" for 2D games that can be
served to any game "browser".

Just think of the mash-ups! ;-)

Troy.

On 4/27/07, Andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Yeah any examples, links or other descriptions would be great. Can't
> wait to see what you are working on.
>
> <mx:Platformer>
> <mx:world level='mario001'>
> <mx:player id='mario'/>
> <mx:enemy id='Koopa'/>
> </mx:world>
> </mx:Platformer>
>
> :)
>
> -Andrew
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, "Troy
> Gilbert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > (There is a nice little categories thing on the side that lists
> "Flash", but
> > what the heck, I'm feeling generous... ;-)):
> >
> > General commentary on the wonders of Flex:
> > http://troygilbert.com/2007/01/18/flex-rhymes-with/
> >
> > Creating a better game development framework (or what games can
> learn from
> > web 2.0):
> > http://troygilbert.com/2006/03/01/what-games-can-learn-from-web-20/
> >
> > Okay, so not that much Flex-specific stuff... most of my work was
> originally
> > in Flash, but have since moved it to Flex after drinking the
> kool-aid. But
> > the conceptual stuff about GameDev 2.0, while not saying it
> directly, is all
> > in Flex.
> >
> > So, I guess I should probably start posting some more, huh? But to
> whet your
> > appetite, just think how easy it is to make RIA's with MXML,
> wouldn't it be
> > nice if there was a whole set of MXML tags dedicated to games? (Or
> before I
> > knew about MXML, what I referred to as using XAML for games.)
> >
> > Troy.
> >

> > On 4/27/07, Scott Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > How about a direct link to something for those of us who are too
> > > lazy to search through your blog?
> > >
> > > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
<flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com><flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,