Opps,

  if (stringid is StringId)

This should have been

  if (stringid is Id)

I guess. :)

Peace, Mike

On 5/4/07, Michael Schmalle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

> var sid2 :StringId = "ID_101-102-103";

There is no way you can do that. AS3 uses typing and that is all you are
doing.

The "" is the string constructor and there is no way to change that.

If I understand what you are asking there is something you can use so you
don't have to use toString().

public function StringId(stringId :Object)
{
   if (stringid is StringId)
      this.guid = stringId.toString();
   else if(stringid is String)
      this.guid = stringid;
   else
      throw new Error("Incorrect argument type. Must be of type String or
StringId");
}

--
Teoti Graphix
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Blog - Flex2Components
http://www.flex2components.com

You can find more by solving the problem then by 'asking the question'.