Without testing, i'm pretty sure even parentApplication refers to Application so you might be out of luck. You could have a shell singleton and then register each module singleton via a string reference. so you could use something like var s:ModuleSingleton = ShellSingleton.getInstance().getSingleton('module1');
registerSingleton();
removeSingleton();
hasSingleton();

Thats one solution, perhaps not the most elegant.

Bjorn