--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And if loose coupling is not a key issue for you, you can simply
access
> public members in the loaded swf using the "content" property of
> SWFLoader.  If you are loading appliations, use SWFLoader, not
Image.

> Access top level application members using Application.application.
>

> You will need to listen for the complete event of the loader and the
> APPLICATION_COMPLETE event of the loaded app before you can access
> properties via the "content" property:
>
>         <mx:SWFLoader id="ldMain" progress="showProgress(event)"
> width="100%" height="100%"
>
>           complete="onCompleteAppLoader(event)"/>
>

>   /** runs when SWFLoader content has all downloaded */
>
>   private function onCompleteAppLoader(oEvent:Event):void
>
>   {
>
>     var smAppLoaded:SystemManager =
> SystemManager(oEvent.target.content);
>
>     smAppLoaded.addEventListener(FlexEvent.APPLICATION_COMPLETE,
> onCurrentApplicationComplete)
>
>     //vbMask.visible = false;
>
>   }//onCompleteAppLoader
>

>   /** runs when the app loaded in the SWFLoader has completed
> initialization
>
>   *   and is ready for any access (applicationComplete event)
>
>   */
>
>   private function onCurrentApplicationComplete(oEvent:Event):void
>
>   {
>
>     _appLoaded = Application(oEvent.target.application);
>
>     _sAppLoadedUrl = _appLoaded.url
>
>     var iPosLastPathDelimiter:int = _sAppLoadedUrl.lastIndexOf
("\\");

>     if (iPosLastPathDelimiter == -1)  {
>
>       iPosLastPathDelimiter = _sAppLoadedUrl.lastIndexOf("/");
>
>     }
>
>     _sAppLoadedName =
> _sAppLoadedUrl.substring
(iPosLastPathDelimiter+1,_sAppLoadedUrl.lastInde
> xOf("."));
>
>   }//onCurrentApplicationComplete
>

>   /**  */
>
>   public function showProgress(oEvent:Event):void
>
>   {
>
>     var sBytesLoaded:String = oEvent.target.bytesLoaded;
>
>     var sBytesTotal:String = oEvent.target.bytesTotal;
>
>     _nLoadProgress = (sBytesLoaded/sBytesTotal) * 100;
>
>     lbLoading.alpha = 1/_nLoadProgress * 10;
>
>     if (_nLoadProgress == 100)  {
>
>       lbLoading.visible = false;
>
>       lbLoading.alpha = 1;
>
>     }
>

>   } //showProgress
>

> Tracy

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your reply.  However, I have one question.  How if I want
to actually get a public property of my child application?
Say my child application has a public property called parentProp.
How can I assign values to parentProp (String type) from the parent
application?  I.e. I need to pass info from parent to child?
Thanks.

Ivan.