Is it just me, or is it a bit surprising that we've got to hack something
together to handle this? Come on, Adobe... what's a proper solution (and why
wasn't it built into the CursorManager!)? I've got enough asynchronous
problems to deal with than have to worry that the user's going to go off
willy-nilly clicking buttons while the busy cursor is being shown. I
understand that some folks may not want it to *always* prevent mouse clicks,
but a little boolean flag (or two) in the CursorManager that prevents mouse
clicks and/or focus changes/keyboard events would be very, very nice.

Troy.

On 5/31/07, Anthony Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  >> - Make all your active components register themselves then loop
through
>> and disable/enable them according to your busy state
> Too taxing on cpu...

How many components are we talking about?

Hack #3
Generate an Alert and position it outside the viewable area. They're modal
by default... meaning the user shouldn't be able to click on anything till
you clear it.

Anthony