applciationComplete

systemManager.stage should be available to you at initialize

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of patricklemiuex
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:15 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Accessing the illusive stage Object through
sprite (a near impossible feat)

Michael,

Thanks so much, where was that event hiding? I was using a hackish
timer to do the job. However, your solution doesn't work from within
the class that I create (haven't tried outside yet). Is there a way
to do this all from inside the class I am using, or does the event
listener have to sit outside the class?

Really, I think it would have been better, but maybe it's not even
possible to make the constructor function of classes automatically
have access to the stage object on instantiation?

Also, to trap keyboard events the only way I could make it works is
the following:

stage.focus = this.parent;
this.stage.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_DOWN,keyHandler);
this.stage.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_UP,keyHandler);

, "Michael Schmalle"