Strange.  For what it's worth, the exact command line used by Flex
Builder to launch Safari is:

  /usr/bin/open -a %1 %2

where %1 is the full path to the browser specified by the Eclipse
browser preferences, and %2 is the URL of your app.  So, it is
normally this for Safari:

  /usr/bin/open -a /Applications/Safari.app/Content/MacOS/Safari
YOUR_URL_GOES_HERE

Try that from a shell script (without the URL on the end), and see if
Safari opens.

 - Mike

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Jurgen Beck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Mike,
>
> Thanks for the response!
>
> This is happening on Mac OS X with Flex Builder 2.0.1. The system's
> default browser is set to Firefox. For the Flex debugging I'd like to
> use Safari though. I've been running into some caching issues with
> Firefox that I have documented in another post, thus the reason to use
> Safari. Safari is at version 3.0.3.
>
> Firefox and Safari are installed in their default locations
> (Applications folder).
>
> I've done a little bit more testing with the External Web Browser
> settings in Preferences and it seems to me that Flex Builder is having
> difficulties locating the Safari browser instance and is defaulting to
> the system default browser for debugging, which in my case is Firefox.
> This, even though the help documentation starts up in Safari when the
> selection is set to use Safari as the external browser.
>
> So, the question then would be what to specify for the Location and
> Parameters settings in Edit External Web Browser when setting up the
> Safari entry.
>
> Jurgen
>

> Mike Morearty wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jurgen,
> >
> > Carlos was correct -- changing the value in Window > Preferences >
> > General > Web Browser is how you change what browser Flex Builder uses
> > to debug. If that doesn't work for you, then something is going
> > wrong, but I am not aware of any bugs in that area.
> >
> > There is no per-project setting that is in any way related to this.
> > The only per-project setting is, what URL is used when launching; but
> > this has no effect at all on our choice of which browser to use.
> >
> > Just curious: What operating system are you on? What is your system
> > default browser, and what browser are you trying to force Flex Builder
> > to use? Is there anything nonstandard about how you installed any of
> > your browsers -- e.g. did you install Firefox into a nonstandard
> > location, or anything like that?
> >
> > I can't really think of much that would be going wrong here, but with
> > more info, I might be able to take a guess.
> >
> > - Mike Morearty
> > Adobe Flex Builder team
> > http://www.morearty.com/blog <http://www.morearty.com/blog>
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> > <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, Jurgen Beck <jurgen@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks, but that doesn't seem to have an effect on the browser
that the
> > > debugger uses. This seems to only affect the browser use for the
help
> > > documentation.
> > >
> > > I'm sure I'm missing something.
> > >
> > > Jurgen