You can add a _children property, but you can't get it to render
children.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jon Bradley
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:55 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] addChild to UITextField?

Yea, but the question would then be can I decorate a UITextField with
the capabilities of a Sprite, or is the DisplayObjectContainer intrinsic
and that's not possible.

If I can, I'd extend TextField/FlexTextField/UITextField if necessary to
put in the _children property.

Mainly trying to figure out an effective way to rotate system level
text. Scale and all that works great (up to the 2880 size, then the text
disappears).

Tricky... and a fair amount of code so far. Just trying not to get a big
bloated piece of code to do a bitmap representation of the text field to
just handle rotation.

:)