The syntax looks ok. I guess it is either a timing problem
(the locateString is not set, when you try to build your SQL)
or a scope problem (locateString is hidden by a local variable
of the same name)

Maybe you can show us more of the context?

Cheers,
Ralf.

--
Ralf Bokelberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Flex & Flash Consultant based in Cologne/Germany