In looking at various MVC samples, I frequently see an Enum pattern
used for menu population. I can follow/understand how a list of static
constants are assigned, added to an array and passed around as a
dataprovider.

I need to achieve the same result (Item/Index pair for the menu) from
a runtime loaded xml file.

I'm inclined to head in the direction of creating 2 VOs: 1 for each
menu item (besides Item/Index I'm snagging stuff for tool tips and
user status info.) & and second for the menu itself.

So the class responsible for retrieving the XML source would then
serialize to both VOs.

Goose(Chase) ? Wild:Better Exists