From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of aaron smith
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 8:22 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] localization options in flex 2

Quick question. I'm looking into localization for an app, and one of my
concerns is that every piece of text has to be in the correct language
for a region. en, fr, etc. But there is quite a bit of text. So instead
of having a .properties files for all these different languages for
every piece of text. Can I just localize the flex components and just
load the corresponding text from a language XML file. So an english xml,
french xml, etc. That way instead of having to access a resource bundle
with a key/val pair for a specific piece of text, I can just assign the
corresponding text from xml to the .text property or .label, etc? I
guess I don't see why I would absolutely have to use ResourceBundle's
except for localizing the flex components. Any thought?

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify the sender by return e-mail delete this e-mail and
refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
***