Your suggestion worked fine, thanks.
I double checked my version and there are no errors.
Here is my version which has AnimatedBall , an extention of sprite being
used as a child of the Application, but has no errors, with the source
code, if anyone's interested
http://www.geotonics.com/examples/Animation/Animation.html.

Alex Harui wrote:

> I’m surprised there is no error (I didn’t try it though). Sprites
> can’t be children of Applications. The rules in Flex are:
>
> Navigator children must be Containers
>
> Container children must be IUIComponents
>
> UIComponent children can be anything.
>
> There are also component lifecycle behaviors you have to know about to
> be a good flex component, such as which methods to override when, and
> that you are sized by your parent.
>
> When you compile AnimatedBall as its own project, you get a small swf
> with the Ball as the main class at a default size of 500x375.
>
> When you make it a child of Application, you should normally get an
> error, but if you subclass UIComponent you’ll get further, but you’ll
> also need to specify a size for it.
>
> So, change “extends Sprite” to “extends UIComponent” and size the tag
> something like <com:AnimatedBall width=”100%” height=”100%”>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: