George -

I figured maybe the way you were passing params was incorrect and thus causing the fault event that you are catching. I don't use ColdFusion, I use Java Servlets on the back end. But, should be very similar. I get the fault event only when the servlet cannot be called at all. I use result codes, error messages, embedded in my application XML returned from the back end to indicate application error information. So... from my experience, I would guess that your fault event that you are catching indicates that your back end is not getting called correctly. Have you put a debugger or tracing in your cfm file and verified that it is actually getting called successfully?

hth
Scott

George Georgiou wrote:
Hi Scott,
I have been through many Flex Tutorials but unfortunately our world lacks of tutorials for connectivity with ColdFusion. I am an experianced CF developer but unfortunately I cannot figure out how to proceed with data through Flex and CF. Indeed - your way is much easier to write and better to understand than the one that I have posted. I will keep that one :-) Thanks! But still... the 'fault' function in the HTTPService tag is always triggered! Even with your own way. How can I handle this? All I want is to be able to 'alert' the users that there is some kind of error (I know how to get the exact error message through the event handler) but I have no clue how to trigger this function if and only if there is some kind of problem in my CFM file. any ideas? Thanks,
George