From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kevin
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 11:06 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Freeze Flex Application

Actually your comment below "they can't cancel or navigate elsewhere" is
precisely what I want.  The only time this is being used in my app is to
completely freeze out a user by an administrator.  I am using managed
DataServices and thus if an administrator changes the UserVO value
'enabled' to false then that value pushes through to that users
computer.  I have set up ObserveValue at the root of the application to
look for that change on the model and if it registers it then I want to
display an alert and then freeze the entire application, forcing the
user to navigate away.  I guess I could just build in a URL redirect and
get the same effect.  I was just wondering if how I could freeze the
app.  Sounds like it is possible, but not easy.

- Kevin