From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of joshuagatcke
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 7:45 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Drag Multiple items with the dragManager

Does anyone know how I can send multiple items to dragManager.doDrag()?
I am not
using a list based control/container, and I have manually added drag and
drop support to
the items I want to drag/drop to. I want to select multiple items then
send an array of
those items to the dragManager to drag multiple items at once.

I am also trying to figure out how to hide the dragInitiator item while
i am dragging the
item so it looks like the item is being dragged live, not a copy of the
item. I am using a
copy of the dragInitiators Bitmap data for the dragProxy, I also tried
to use the
dragInitiator as the dragProxy, but cannot find a way to get the item to
re-appear after a
drop. I tried setting the visibility of the dragInitiator to false when
the mouseMove event
fires, then returning it back to visible = true when the item is
dropped, but this seems
flaky at best.

To sum it up, I just want it to look like I am dragging an item or
multiple items across the
screen. I cannot resort to using the simple start/end drag() methods and
mouse events
because these items will also be able to be dropped on drop targets.

The drag Manager seems awesome, I just wish I knew how to take advantage
of it a bit
more. I have read all the documentation several times and still do not
know how to do
these things. I tried looking at the list based controls to see how they
drag multiple items
etc, to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice/help.