If that is all you thought Granite was good for, you missed the big
picture. Granite IS open source remoting!

With Granite I can have it both ways: Flex compile at design time OR
runtime, AND let it handle the remoting with AMF3
serialization/deserialization.

I built my Flex app two ways:
1) Remotely with Flex Builder, with compiler that references the
services-config.xml in my web app so it can pair the endpoints and
destinations.
2) integrated with Grantite/FlexTasks in my web app completely.

You can do EITHER (can you tell that I am becoming a Granite
evangelist?)
I am convinced.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Paramjit Jolly"