I can understand in some situations a grid is bound to xml and you
might have difficulty in detecting changes in thoses cases so you
just refresh everything, but in many more cases you bind a grid to
objects and its only affected by the current row.

But regardless of that I really was just wondering whether there was
some other way of doing it that could bypass this refresh everything
approach becuase I am just changing one field but the grid is big
lots of columns and rows and redrawing the whole thing is very very
slow. A sort of "redraw the current row" method, I guess the answer
is no then...