Is there any reason to call itemUpdated() if the row/item is not
connected to anything else? More specifically, in the case of the ever
popular CheckBox renderer, is there any reason to call itemUpdated()
in the click handler after the actual value has been updated? I'm
thinking no but want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks,
Ben