  _____

        From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of kramus0
        Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:31 PM
        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [flexcoders] Text truncateToFit

        I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not but truncateToFit
doesn't
        seems to work for me.

        I have a text that has has a certain width and height so that it
can
        show two lines. When I set truncateToFit to true and assign a
text
        that is longer than to lines I would expect it is truncated at
the end
        of the second line.

        <mx:Text truncateToFit="true" x="400" y="400" width="140"
height="30"
        text="This is the first Line. This is the second Line that
should be
        truncated."/>

        So what I would expect to see is something like this:

        This is the first Line.
        This is the second L...

        But I get the following two lines (that scroll if I go on the
text):

        This is the first Line.
        This is the second Line

        So, any suggestions? Thanks.