Hi all,

   I want to provide a little bit more information for the solution for this
issue, because I was stumbled upon this issue today and thankfully to this
topic at Flexcoders mailing list I had received a solid understanding of
this particular problem.

   Imagine that in your setup mx:TextArea is a child of mx:ViewStack or
mx:Accordion container.

   When the content of the TextArea is changed, then Event.CHANGE "change"
this emitted, but it is actually an bubbling event and it reaches the level
of the parent container when it can collide with the same event name
mx.events <package-detail.html>.IndexChangedEvent.CHANGE "change" that is
actually emitted by ViewStack itself.

   Most simple solution to this situation is to forbid event bubbling for
you mx:TextArea component, code follows:

  <mx:TextArea id="myTextArea">

function onCreationComplete() : void {
   myTextArea.addEventListener(Event.CHANGE, onTextChanged);
}

private function onTextChanged(event : Event) : void {
            event.stopImmediatePropagation();

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Andriy Panas