Hi Alex,

Right, sorry for the confusion, my sample code a few posts above that
featured mx:TextArea was not a very precise example for the problem with
event name collision.

My exact setup involves custom component that extends UIComponent, it is
placed inside ViewStack and it has a child of mx.core.UITextField type with
a textField's property 'type' set to TextFieldType.INPUT.

That's approximately how I do create instance of UITextField in my custom
component:

   1. override protected function createChildren(): void
   2. {
   3.         super.createChildren();
   4.         uiTextField=new UITextField();
   5.         uiTextField.selectable = true;
   6.         uiTextField.type = TextFieldType.INPUT;
   7.         addChild(uiTextField);
   8. }
   9.

  My use case is to allow entering text at the run-time inside textFields.
  I do not want to use mx:TextArea for this particular use case because :

  a) I do not need scroll bars to appear when the long text is entered (I
prefer UITextField to auto-size);
  b) White standard background of mx:TextArea is redundant for me (although the
style for the TextArea's background can be tweaked to the design needs).

  Because I use UITextField, not mx:TextArea, I have to take care by myself
about stopping Event.CHANGE emitted from the nutshell of '
flash.text.TextField' class from propagation.

On 01/11/2007, Alex Harui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    That's why I'm surprised you are having a problem.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Andriy Panas