> Is there anything that Number() parses that parseFloat doesnt?

There are differences:-

1) Number is type where as parseFloat () is a global-function
2) Number (x) tries to cast x to Number where as parseFloat (x) reads, or *
parses*, and returns the numbers in a string until it reaches a character.

We use Number for typing, casting generally.

Does that make sense?

--
-abdul