Mark, Thanks for the reply.
I was under the impression that AddChild would simply put the object on the
display list, not duplicate it. My goal is to load the swf(movieclip) once
then duplicate it so it can be put on the display list at multiple places in
the app. Any ideas on that? Thanks.

Phil Heinz
Director of Systems Development

 InteliSea Logo <http://www.intelisea.com/images/isLogo-rgb.gif>
InteliSea LLC
601 Wald Irvine, CA  92618
USA
+1 949 450 9961
+1 916 768 0828 cell

intelisea.com <http://www.intelisea.com/>

It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone
else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted based upon
reliance thereon is prohibited and may be unlawful.

  _____