as it stands now seems you cannot set the stroke prop in CSS as the
property expects a Stroke object.
hence you have to do series.setStyle("stroke", new Stroke());

One way to support CSS defined Stroke props is to create your own
custom props..in your type/class selector.
.......so when creating the Stroke object in AS, get its stroke
properties using getStyle("myCustrolStrokeColorProp")..etc..

- superabe