Looks like you may be sending it too soon.  Here's my code for a
barChart that should work for a pie as well.  Try reacranging the
code a bit and see what happens.  Let us know how it goes.

Mark

public function printSnapshotArea():void {
var printDJob:FlexPrintJob = new FlexPrintJob();
printDJob.printAsBitmap = false;
//
if (printDJob.start()) {
        var printSnapViewArea:PrintViewSnapshotByArea = new
PrintViewSnapshotByArea();
        addChild(printSnapViewArea);
        printSnapViewArea.width=printDJob.pageWidth;
        //
        printSnapViewArea.printChart.dataProvider =
snapHolder.snapViewArea.dataProvider;
        //
        printDJob.addObject(printSnapViewArea);
        removeChild(printSnapViewArea);