Hi,

Maybe you should try setting creationPolicy="all" on your TabBar. By
default, it first creates the child components when someone tabs into
it. If you set it to "all", all child controls will be created
up-front (which can be expensive, if you have many that are complex).

See:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/201/langref/mx/core/Container.html#creationPolicy